8 Random But Cute Things I Bought Because of TikTok

TikTok is an app I currently have a love-hate relationship with. While it has provided tons of entertainment for me over the past few months, it has also wasted a lot of my time (which I'm fine with, by the way, just stating the facts). Besides the random recipes I've found and the countless dances I've learned, I've also been sucked into the fashion scene that is trending on the app, so much so that it has caused me to actually purchase random items I never thought I would. 

Earlier this year, I wrote a story that skimmed the surface of the sartorial setting on TikTok, discussing what everyone is wearing and why. Well, just a couple of months later, the trends have evolved and so has my personal interest in the matter. Ahead, go on to find out which new fashion trends are gaining steam on TikTok and in my heart. 

This trend isn't new for TikTok, but it's a new trend in my life, and therefore I'm including it. Tie-dye has become a hobby of sorts during this new time spent at home, but as someone who has no skill in the crafting department, I prefer to purchase mine. And after seeing TikTok after TikTok featuring the eye-catching sweats, the purchase became nonnegotiable. 

I truly do not remember the last time I thought about a sarong, but after seeing Addison Rae (basically the Kim Kardashian West of TikTok) wear one on repeat, I decided it was time to up my swimwear game with the chic accessory. 

Leave it to the younger generation to take something as classic as Calvin Klein underwear and make it feel brand new. Whether it's popping out from underneath a crop top or a pair of baggy sweats, this branded band is what the youths are gravitating toward right now, as am I. 

If you spend hours scrolling through TikTok a day, you'll understand the hype of an oversize bold-stripe T-shirt. The look is extremely eye-catching on the app and makes any casual look feel 10 times cooler. 

The one-shoulder top is quickly sweeping TikTok, and I am all for it. This is one trend, in particular, that has gained respect in the fashion community as well, so I feel extra good about buying into the summer top trend. 

A collared shirt popping out from underneath a crew-neck sweatshirt? Believe it or not, this is one trend that is hitting hard on TikTok right now. Both girls and guys have been sporting the layered look, and it's time I hop on the bandwagon as well.

I've loved this trend for a while, so I will admit I was quite pleased with myself when I saw all the trendy young TikTokers rocking these sheer shirts as well. From butterflies to animal prints, these loud tops are working all kinds of wonders on my wardrobe right now. 

If there's one thing I've noticed about TikTok over the past few months, it's that the fashion can get weird, but the good kind of weird. As a huge lover of graphic tees, I found comfort in knowing they would have a home on the app. 

Next up: Shop the new trend that's bound to replace skinny leggings.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.