The Chill Summer Trend I Legit Plan on Wearing With Everything

Each season, there's one trend that really gets me fired up more than any of the others. I usually end up overinvesting just because I'm so excited about it. And to really double down on my commitment, I'll wear the trend nonstop (also probably because I overinvested and now have multiple versions to choose from). This summer, I'm already 100% certain of what it will be, and I can't even say I'll have any regrets because it's a solid wardrobe staple, plain as that. Camp shirts are the trend I'm about to go wild for.

When I say I plan on wearing them with everything, I really do mean everything. The short-sleeve button-down style is easily worn as a swimsuit coverup or tucked into jeans and jean shorts alike, or worn untucked, for that matter. I also plan on wearing them unbuttoned over a tank top and even have my eye on a few matching shorts sets to make things even easier when getting dressed this summer. Beyond that, the boxy fit is quite comfortable, meaning it's the kind of easy item I'll reach for day in and day out.

The best part is that there are so many options to choose from depending on your style and mood, from clean neutral tones to bright colors and eccentric prints. If you're like me, you'll be ordering at least one of each kind, but if you need a little more reasoning, I've included some winning outfit ideas below to try out. From styling the shirt with pants to shorts to a bikini, scroll down to see (and shop) my favorite camp shirts defining the trend.

Make your tailored trousers work for a more casual vibe with the addition of "chill" trends like a camp shirt and bucket hat. The all-neutral palette ensures the look doesn't veer too hard into the trendy territory, though, and still looks elevated.
Swimwear cover-ups are historically not the most exciting items, but throw a camp shirt over your bikini next time you head into the sun, and the look feels low-key in a cool way.
The trend has officially earned the approval of the celebrity crowd. What's even better than Kourtney Kardashian styling hers as a swim cover-up on Instagram? Her cow-print shirt is under $100.
Camp shirts also conveniently play well with Bermuda shorts, another big trend for summer 2020. I love the styling idea here with sneakers and a bra top.
Camp shirts can, and should, be your excuse for trying out more eccentric prints that don't normally find their way into your closet. When it comes to these shirts, the quirkier, the better.
Another way I want to wear camp shirts is via convenient matching shorts sets like the ones on offer from Frankies Bikinis and Free People. I really can't think of an easier summer 'fit.
Chilling around the house? Swap a pajama-style camp shirt in place of your actual pajama shirt.
Again, fun printed shirts for the win. I wanted to show how easy it is to style these shirts tucked into high-waisted pants (or even half-tucked).

Next up, these 21 pairs of comfortable jeans are the only kind of denim I want to wear.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.