The Best Shorts for Petite People, According to Our 5'4"-and-Under Editors

If you're petite and have ever ordered a pair of shorts that looked good on the model, only to receive them and realize they looked good on the model because she was 5'10", we can fully relate. A few of us Who What Wear editors are on the petite side ourselves, and we also happen to love wearing shorts and are gearing up for summer by shopping for some new pairs.

These days, Editor in Chief Kat Collings, senior market editor Nicole Akhtarzad Eshaghpour, senior editor Lauren Eggertson, and I are focusing the bulk of our shorts shopping on lounge shorts, longer shorts, and updated denim shorts. And we're convinced that the 22 pairs you'll find below are stylish and will work for our petite heights. Scroll to shop along with us.

"I lived in these last summer. They're the perfect not-too-long 'long' denim shorts for my 5'2" frame."
"I've been looking for a pair of sweatpant-style shorts, and I recently settled on this style from Nike because they're not too long and have a slightly high waist."
"High-waisted bike shorts are a dream for short girls because they both show off your legs and elongate them. Plus, they're so comfortable."
"Again, these not-too-long shorts are fun and flattering at the same time."
"After seeing how good these look on all body types, I was instantly sold on buying them for my at-home hangouts."
"The cream color of these makes them feel significantly more elevated than blue-jean cutoffs."
"A lot of fashion folks are into the leather-Bermuda-shorts trend right now. Since I'm on the shorter side, I feel like I'd have to wear heels to pull them off, and I don't think my feet are ever going to let me go back to tall heels after so much time at home! These shorter leather shorts are a perfect solution."
"Love a built-in belt, which is especially helpful to highlight the waist on a shorter frame. No-brainer accessories for the win!" Additional sizes available here.
"Lately, I'm way into comfy shorts as my bottoms of choice for spending time at home. These fit the bill perfectly and have a short enough inseam that they'll look great on my 5'4'' frame."
"Why am I so into these? They feel unassuming and straight-up cool."
"A trend from last year that I can't seem to shake is bike shorts. They are too frequently a part of my new at-home wardrobe."
"I have been a fan of the Agolde Crisscross jeans for a while, so the shorts version just makes sense."
"Boxer shorts are my new favorite bottoms to chill in while spending more time at home. I like this men's pack from Amazon for the comfort and the variety of colors."
"I've been looking for the perfect pair of go-with-anything tailored shorts, and I think I finally found the winners."
"These shorts are perfect. I love the pleats and the light hue. I plan on wearing these with Birkenstocks, a white tank, and pearls all season long."
"After realizing that I have way too many pairs of denim cutoffs in my closet, I'm adding this tailored pair to the mix. They have a 4.72-inch inseam, which is perfect."
"This is the exact style I want to wear every day at home lately, so I'm tempted to order these in every color. They're short but not too short."
"These (which I happen to be wearing above in black) are unbelievably comfortable, and the material is high-quality, so I'll definitely wear them out in the world too."
"Why yes, I would love a pair of shorts that feel like a plush towel. These remind me of the '80s, and I love that they're longer in the middle—so flattering."
"I love Re/Done denim shorts but have been on the hunt for a slightly longer pair. These are so timeless and cool, and the high waist is elongating."
"I'm also in the market for a pair of 'fancy shorts,' but I'm not convinced that I can pull off the knee-length suit shorts that are so popular this season. But this tweed pair with a three-inch inseam is just right."
"Camp shorts! I picture these being slouchy and cool, and if they're too long (which I don't think they will be), they'd look great rolled up."

Next up, seven chic ways to wear long shorts.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.